August 26, 2020

Praying in the spirit


 In Ephesians 3:16, Paul talks about how the Holy Spirit strengthens the inner man. In my experience, praying in tongues did exactly that; it built up some inner part of me that connects to God. This is my sense of what happened with me internally. It also fits with the 20th verse of Jude, which says: “But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit.” -Jude 20. This is potentially a huge benefit for anyone who is struggling against their flesh. It makes sense that when you strengthen the inner man, you can more easily overcome the flesh. After all, Paul says in Galatians: 

“I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.” – Galatians 5:16-17.

If I want my spirit to have more power and influence over my mind and body, it makes sense that I should want to do things that strengthen my spirit (or “inner man”) and keep me more connected to God’s Spirit. This is one of the major benefits of praying in tongues also known as praying in the spirit.

My name is Cesar and I’m a Voice in The Desert 

#avoiceinthedesert

#vozeneldesierto











No comments:

Post a Comment

An Eternity with God

Welcome to the A Voice in the Desert podcast, where we dive deep into spiritual and thought-provoking topics to explore the mysteries of fai...