August 29, 2020

Love is just what the Dr. Ordered.



 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. —John 3:16 


The Father loved the world so much He gave Jesus. One of the simplest and purest expressions of love is giving. Jesus loved the Father so much He went to the cross and submitted to the Father’s will and gave Himself that He might redeem us to God. Love has many different expressions; some of the most natural are giving and compassion. 

Love is patient, which means it takes time for this expression of love to be pure and mature. True apostolic ministry isn’t just about signs and wonders; it actually includes patience. 

Second Corinthians 12:12 states, “Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.” In reality, mighty deeds must be compelled by love, sometimes in the context of great patience. 

If you ever pray, “Jesus, teach me to love people,” very shortly you will be in a situation where you will either have to forgive someone or be patient with him or her. Ask me how I know. Galatians 5:22-23 states, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” 

The fruit of the Spirit is first love. Love is the foundation to everything else in life and ministry. Out of love, faith, and hope, love is the greatest. Love is the more excellent way; sometimes love is the more painful way. Love seeks the benefit of others at one’s own expense. 

Before I speak or minster to people I often ask God to fill my heart with love for the people I am speaking to or praying for. When we understand the expressions of love it allows us to properly understand if, in fact, we are walking in love. As much as walking in love is an intentional choice to obey God outwardly, love also is an inward motivation. 

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing (1 Corinthians 13:1-3). To be profitable spiritually speaking it is pertinent that we do the right thing for the right reasons. Loving God finds expression in loving people. John 15:12 says, “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.” The Greek word for commandment is actually “prescription.” Love is just what Doctor Jesus has prescribed. Love brings healing and also prevents sickness. Aleluya and amen.

My name is Cesar and I’m A Voice in The Desert 

#avoiceinthedesert

#vozeneldesierto

www.mywalkwithmycreator.com





























No comments:

Post a Comment

An Eternity with God

Welcome to the A Voice in the Desert podcast, where we dive deep into spiritual and thought-provoking topics to explore the mysteries of fai...