November 27, 2020

I prefer peace

 I have come to the conclusion that the primary way we grieve the Spirit in our lives is by fostering bitterness in our hearts. I say this because it is the first thing the apostle Paul mentions after warning us not to grieve the Spirit: 


And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. —Ephesians 4:30–32


It is also my experience that the quickest way I seem to lose inner peace is when I allow bitterness and anger to reenter my heart. It’s not worth it! I made a decision for inner peace. But I found that I had to carry out that decision by a daily commitment to forgive those who hurt me, and to forgive them totally once and for all. I therefore let them utterly off the hook and resigned myself to this knowledge: 


They won’t get caught or found out. Nobody will ever know what they did. They will prosper and be blessed as if they had done no wrong. What’s more, I actually began to will this! I prayed for it to happen. I asked God to forgive them. But I have had to do this every day to keep the peace within my heart. Having been on both sides, I can tell you: the peace is better. The bitterness isn’t worth it. Please just do it.


My name is Cesar and I’m a Voice In The Desert 


www.avoiceinthedesert.net


www.vozeneldesierto.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

An Eternity with God

Welcome to the A Voice in the Desert podcast, where we dive deep into spiritual and thought-provoking topics to explore the mysteries of fai...