June 28, 2020

In the book of Proverbs 20:27 it says that “the spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD” and it searches the inward parts. Luke 11:35 warns us to be careful that the light in us is not darkness. For a while after I read this verse, I questioned what God meant when He said that light in us could be darkness. As I grew in the Lord, I got a better understanding. The greatest darkness is not pitch-black but gray.

It is the gray areas of life that entrap many believers. The following scriptures give us greater insight into these gray areas.

 • “The eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is clear [spiritually perceptive, focused on God], your whole body also is full of light [benefiting from God’s precepts]. But when it is bad [spiritually blind], your body also is full of darkness [devoid of God’s word]” (Luke 11:34). The original Greek word for darkness used in this passage is skoteinos, which means opaque, or not transparent—in other words, full of darkness to the point where one can’t see the truth even if one wants to.

• “Be careful, therefore, that the light that is in you is not darkness” (Luke 11:35). In this passage the Greek word translated “darkness,” skotos, means shadiness, as in one who is a liar or swindler.

 • “The Light shines on in the darkness, and the darkness did not understand it or overpower it or appropriate it or absorb it [and is unreceptive to it]” (John 1:5). John is speaking about skotia—dim, obscure darkness that is lukewarm, insipid, making one unable to distinguish.

All three kinds of darkness derive power not from total pitch-black darkness but from obscurity. Skoteinos shows the obscurity of ignorance, skotos shows the obscurity of having a lack of integrity, and skotia shows the obscurity of not being sold out to God.

In the Book of Revelation, God says that He would prefer that we be hot or cold in our walk with Him (3:16). As hard as it may sound, God respects total darkness or total light, nothing in between. He has no respect for the gray areas of our excuses. Those who hang out on the fence between the narrow path and the wide path must know that the fence is grounded on the wide side and will burn up also. Thus far I have been speaking to believers.

If you are reading this message and have not accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, but you would like to now, let’s take a minute to talk to the Lord. Pray this prayer with me:

Father God, in the name of Jesus, I accept You into my heart. I believe that You died for my sins. I renounce every familiar spirit and idol that has taken up space in my life that You should occupy. I renounce my flesh, the devil, and the world. Satan, your wiles and devices shall no longer rule over my head. I confess my sins, Lord, and ask for Your forgiveness. Every bondage that has gripped my soul up to this point in my life is on notice—Jesus is now Lord of my life. I submit to be delivered and filled with the Holy Ghost and to learn the principles of God so that I can please Him. Amen.

In the book of Romans 8:16 says that the Spirit Himself will bear witness with your spirit that you are a child of God. Your spirit man is born again when you accept God into your life. Your body and soul will catch up because once you become joined to the Lord in your spirit, you become one with Him. My prayer is that this message will close your eyes to the natural and open them to the supernatural.

As we walk together, allow God to posture you to receive this message so that you will no longer walk by sight but instead will walk by faith (2 Cor. 5:7). The apostle Paul describes it best:

But the natural [unbelieving] man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness [absurd and illogical] to him; and he is incapable of understanding them, because they are spiritually discerned and appreciated.

—1 CORINTHIANS 2:14

My name is Cesar and I’m A Voice In The Desert

#avoiceinthedesert

www.mywalkwithmycreator.com








No comments:

Post a Comment

An Eternity with God

Welcome to the A Voice in the Desert podcast, where we dive deep into spiritual and thought-provoking topics to explore the mysteries of fai...